All our programmes at Halswell contribute to our Graduate Profile.
A Halswell graduate is equipped for success in the 21st century.
A Halswell graduate …
- is an enthusiastic and self directed learner
- can apply what they have learned to real life situations
- can think critically, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively
- is confident and respectful in dealing with a wide range of interpersonal relationships
- is a divergent thinker: inquisitive, creative and open minded
- is a proactive, future focussed, globally aware citizen
- confidently interacts with a variety of tools including ICTs to support their learning
- possesses core academic skills and the ability to access, synthesize and apply new knowledge
- possesses the personal qualities needed to be a self-assured, responsible and empathic young person who acts with integrity
- knows that learning involves taking risks, making mistakes and accessing support when needed
- is open-minded and reflective
- is environmentally aware and consciously reducing their impact on the environment for future generations
These attributes are developed from Year 0-8 through our ACTIVE curriculum and our school values and therefore students are inspired to: imagine, create, learn and believe.