The School’s Board of Trustees is a governance body that comprises parent / community trustees together with the Principal and one Staff Trustee.
The Board is entrusted to work on behalf of the children who attend the school. Its role emphasises strategic leadership rather than administrative detail and ensures that the school complies with legal and policy requirements. The primary focus of the Board of Trustees, Principal and Staff is to ensure the very best educational outcomes for all children attending Halswell School.
Board meetings are held in the school boardroom commencing at 6 p.m. The meetings are open to the public and our parent community are welcome to attend.
The current members of the Halswell School Board of Trustees are:
Charter and Annual Plan
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) Statement
Halswell School Board of Trustees is compliant with the personnel policy on being a good employer (including the equal employment opportunities programme) [s 77A State Sector Act 1988].
The Principal as EEO officer has ensured that the following practices have been upheld:
- shows commitment to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment including recruitment, training, promotion, and conditions of service
- recognises the value of attracting people from all possible sources of talent
- selects the person most suited to the position in terms of skills, experience, qualifications, and aptitude
- recognises the value of diversity in staffing (for example, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, hours of work, etc.) and the employment requirements of diverse individuals/groups
- ensures that employment and personnel practices are fair and free of any bias.
2021 Board Meeting Dates
The 2021 Board meeting schedule is as follows:
- Term 3: July 27, August 17, September 21
- Term 4:October 19, November 16, December 7
- Term 4: 20th October, 17th November, 8th December
|Next Board Meeting
September 21st, 6pm
Our school community are welcome to attend these meetings which are held in the staff lounge in the administration building. The next board meeting is noted above, and Minutes from previous board meetings are available for download below. If you require a copy of any reports relating to these minutes, please contact the Board Secretary – email@example.com or the School office.
Draft minutes are uploaded as soon as practical after our meeting and once signed by the Chair the confirmed minutes are loaded.
For information regarding minutes prior to 2019 please contact the Board Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org or the School office.