Kia ora koutou
Our classrooms are personalised, student-centred, engaging and fun. We strive to offer differentiated programmes which meet the needs of all learners.
In Ōrongomai we:
- Encourage children to learn through inspiring integrated activities, including daily play based learning.
- Showcase our learning through our student lead team assemblies.
- Encourage children to be self directed learners.
- Foster creative thinking through creative play and activities.
- Develop our Halswell School values of Whanaungatanga, Manaakitanga, Kaitiakitanga, Manawanuitanga and Kotahitanga
- Group children to cater for individual needs.
- Support all our learners with a robust enrichment programme.
- Participate in a variety of EOTC activities throughout the year.
- Develop our Growth Mindset attitudes.
- Promote future-focused, confident and connected learners.
- Value e-Learning and authentic learning experiences.
- Acknowledge New Zealand’s bicultural heritage by integrating Te Reo, tikanga into our learning programmes and by providing regular Whānau afternoons.
Ōrongomai consists of three learning studios, Kereru (T20, T21 and T22), Totara (T23 and T24 ) and Kāhu (T25 and T26).