Kia ora koutou
Our classrooms are personalised, student-centred, engaging and fun. We strive to offer differentiated programmes which meet the needs of all learners.
In Ōrongomai we:
- Encourage children to learn through inspiring integrated activities, including daily play based learning.
- Showcase our learning through our student lead team assemblies.
- Encourage children to be self directed learners.
- Foster creative thinking through creative play and activities.
- Develop our Halswell School values of honesty, care, respect and showing resilience.
- Group children to cater for individual needs.
- Support all our learners with a robust enrichment programme.
- Participate in a variety of EOTC activities throughout the year.
- Develop our Growth Mindset attitudes.
- Promote future-focused, confident and connected learners.
- Value e-Learning and authentic learning experiences.
- Acknowledge New Zealand’s bicultural heritage by integrating Te Reo, tikanga into our learning programmes and by providing regular Whanau afternoons.
Team Leader / T20 Teacher