Halswell School – DRAFT ENROLMENT SCHEME – Home zone
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map (Figure 1 and Figure 2) shall be entitled to enroll at the school.
The zone as shown would have the following written description:
Addresses on both sides of boundary roads are considered in-zone unless stated otherwise.
From the intersection of Halswell Junction Road and Halswell Road (SH75)
- North on Halswell Road to the transmission lines running parallel to Parklea Ave
- (including addresses to 288 Halswell Road),
- East along the south side of the transmission lines to Milns Road
- South on Milns Road to Sparks Road
- South on Sparks Road to Sutherlands Road
- (including 398 Sparks Road)
- South on Sutherlands Road to Cashmere Road
- North East on Cashmere Road to Hoon Hay Valley Road,
- (including addresses 484-564 Cashmere Road),
- South on Hoon Hay Valley Road to the end of the road,
- South west to the southern end of Kennedys Bush Road,
- South west to the eastern end of Early Valley Road,
- West on Early Valley Road to Old Tai Tapu Road
- (including Potters Lane)
- South West on Old Tai Tapu Road to Osterholts Road
- West on Osterholts Road to Tai Tapu Road
- North on Tai Tapu Road to Leadleys Road
- West on Leadleys Road to Ellesmere Road,
- North on Ellesmere Road to Toswill Road
- North on Toswill Road to Longstaffs Road,
- North on Longstaffs Road to Trices Road
- East on Trices Road to Sabys Road,
- North East on Sabys Rod to Quaifes Road,
- North West on Quaifes Road to Murphys Road.
- (including 137 Quaifes Road)
Zone does not include addresses on Murphys Road
From the intersection of Murphys Road and Halswell Junction Road;
- South East along the South West side only of Halswell Junction Road to Nicholls Road,
South East along both sides of Halswell Junction Road to Halswell Road, (including Kinrara Place).
Each year, applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a date that will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places that can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Each year the board will determine the number of places that are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
- First priority must be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in the Special Programme (Conductive Education) run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
Halswell School Enrolment Scheme Home Zone – Draft (close up of western boundary)
Halswell School Enrolment Scheme Home Zone – Draft (full zone)
Halswell School Enrolment Scheme Home Zone – Draft (current and proposed)
Home Zone Change Question and Answer
Q. When will this change be in effect from
A. January 2019
Q: Will this effect children already attending Halswell School but will find themselves out of zone in 2019
A: No all children already attending Halswell School may continue to attend
Q: If I have a child already attending Halswell School and a pre- schooler who will not start until 2019 or beyond, will they be able to attend.
A: Yes siblings of current students will be able to attended Halswell School after the zone change has been made. This is due to a Grandparenting clause.
Q: If we live outside of the new zone and we currently have a pre-schooler due to start in 2019, can we still enrol at Halswell.
A: No unfortuanately we are not currently taking any out of zone enrolments.